How to stream IPTV on Kodi
Any person who wants to enjoy IPTV can think about taking a look at Kodi. It is one of the most impressive methods to enjoy IPTV and enjoy the content that is being shared along with you. Any person can easily configure Kodi to enjoy IPTV content as well. From this guide, we will be sharing the basic steps that you will need to follow in order to configure Kodi, so that you can start enjoying Kodi content that is delivered to you. Make sure that you have obtained your IPTV subscription and you have a valid M3U file shared by the IPTV reseller before you go ahead with this method.
What is Kodi?
You can call Kodi as a perfect option available for the code cutters to use. That’s because Kodi is capable of delivering some impressive content to you, which can be impressive. You will fall in love with the overall experience that Kodi is capable of delivering on your way as well.
At a glance, Kodi looks pretty much similar to a compact media player. You will be able to configure Kodi on numerous devices that you are using on a daily basis as well. They include Xbox One gaming console, Raspberry Pi or any other device, which is not based upon the Android operating system.
If you are keen to try out Kodi, we will be sharing the steps that you will need to follow. In fact, we will share the step by step instructions with you on what you will need to do in order to get Kodi up and running. Once you do it, you will be provided with the chance to experience that comes along with Kodi and enjoy the time you spend in watching content on it.
How to set up IPTV on Kodi
Here are the steps that you will need to proceed in order to set up IPTV connection on Kodi. As mentioned earlier, you must have made the payment to a Kodi service provider and you must have obtained your subscription M3U file before moving forward. That’s because you will come across the need to use that M3U file in the middle of this Kodi IPTV setup guide. If you are ready, you can continue to follow the below-mentioned steps and you can successfully get IPTV up and running on Kodi.
- As the first step, you should launch Kodi. Then you will need to navigate to settings.
- Under settings in Kodi, click on the icon called add-ons.
- Now you need to pick the option called Install from Repository. This is where you are going to install the appropriate add-on needed for watching IPTV content from the repository.
- As the next step, you will need to click on PVR clients
- Scroll down in the menu until you see the PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on.
- Click and proceed with the installation of this add-on
- Wait for some time until the PVR IPTV Simple Client is installed on Kodi. Upon successful installation, you will be provided with a success message.
- Now you should again click on PVR IPTV Simple Client. Since you have installed it, the add-on will automatically open up.
- You need to click on the option called Configure.
- Now you need to move to the section called General. In here, you need to pick the option called M3U playlist URL.
- Now you need to submit the M3U URL. Along with the IPTV subscription, your IPTV service provider is sending this M3U URL. You just need to go ahead and submit the M3U URL. Then it will be uploaded automatically to Kodi.
- Upon the successful upload of the M3U file, you will need to navigate to the EPG Settings. This is where you will need to pick the XMLTV URL option.
- You will now need to enter EPG M3U URL that you have. If you have the shortened form of the URL, which is in bit.ly format, you will be able to enter that as well. Upon adding the URL, click on the OK button.
- Click on the OK button again.
- You will now be provided with a restart message. Once you see that message, click on OK button again.
- Now you have almost come to the end of IPTV installation on Kodi. You will need to force close the Kodi app. Then you should open it again. After doing it, you will need to wait for some time, so that the PVR Manager would load. Then it will start to download the channels. This process can take some minutes to complete. Once the job is completed, you will be able to see a message called loaded in the Simple Client Channels.
Once you follow all these steps, you can successfully load IPTV to your Kodi player.
How to use PVR Simple Client
It is also better to have a basic understanding on PVR Simple Client, as you will be using it in order to enjoy the IPTV content shared with you on Kodi. You will need to access all the IPTV channels through this. There is an option in PVR Simple Client, where you will be able to load the channel guide. You can also navigate to the settings. Under settings, it will provide you with the chance to configure audio settings, video settings, subtitle settings, color settings and toggling the audio stream.
Any person will be able to follow these steps and get started with watching IPTV content on Kodi. We believe that you can also follow the steps and get the job done. Make sure that you have a valid M3U file along with you and stick to the steps that we recommend you to do. Then you can easily complete the IPTV configuration on your Kodi and proceed to the next stage where you can enjoy content.